Tuesday, December 23

Almost Christmas

It's Christmas eve in less than 3 hrs, 5 more days to my birthday & 9 more days to 2009. I'm not really into the entire Christmas thing. To the Christians, it's Jesus's birth & hence they're celebrating the arrival of the saviour & their salvation. To me, as a non Christian, it's a day to give to the less fortunate.

I feel more for the dogs than anything else in the world. I find it real funny. I'm only but 25, having lived only but a quarter of a century & already I'm skeptical of the human species. I don't feel any regrets that I'm 1 of them but then, it's not like I have any choice or say in this matter. Somebody has to feel for them & I'm glad to be 1 of the few who does.

Last year, we went down to participate in ASD's event at Vivo just prior to Christmas. We donated 2 bags of 15 kg kibbles, 1 of them being Back To Basic & I can't remember the other. They held it again this year but I didn't go. I kept thinking, what about those strays that don't even have a roof over their head? Just barely living by the scraps people throw to them. Who will donate to them? This year, I'm going to feed the strays.

Also, taking this chance, I'll like to convey a message:
We've led such different lives, slowly being pulled apart by the stark difference in lifestyle. I'm consumed by the demands of my life. I'm sorry that we're not as close as before. I can only pray that all be well with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jo's Friends

Rookie Jo's Reviews
Dare
Enrica
Ivy & Faith
James & Ivy
Jon
Robert
Robert & Enrica

Ton Ton's Friends

Bobby, Belle & Bourbon
Da Tou
Ebi & Emma
Velvet, Cotton & Lauryn
Xiao Bai