Mystery Solved
Something I forgot to add in. I kept feeling giddy the whole morning. After I sent Jeff to work, I stopped at the petrol kiosk to pump air for the tires as Jeff always neglects it. The pressure has dropped to an average of 210 per tire. I could feel the difference when I drove away. It's much smoother probably due to less drag. Anyway, to pump air, I have to squat mah. When I got up from the squatting position, I get this postural drop. Postural drop is a sudden drop in blood pressure (BP) when standing up from a squatting or sitting position. I got giddy, felt myself blacking out then in 2 or 3 secs, it's over when the BP comes back up.
Then at CD Trainers, I was squatting down stroking dogs. When I got up, the same thing happened. Then, I mentioned about feeling very tired, no energy, sleepy right? I didn't know what it was until now.
I called Jeff to ask him what time to fetch him & I told him about it. He asked me if I feel like vomiting. Irritating! He thought I might be hypoglycemic (hypo for short) & asked me to check my blood glucose. True enough, my hypocount is only 3.5 mmol. Normal range is 4.0 to 7.9 mmol. When it's low enough, a person goes into coma & death is very likely. It doesn't happen to normal people coz the body will automatically adjust the blood glucose. When you eat, food is digested & transformed into glucose. Excess glucose will be stored in the liver for near future use. If not used, it'll turn into triglycerides (aka fats). When the body senses that the blood glucose is low, it'll tell the liver to release the stored glucose for energy. But I guess becoz I've been dieting for 3 weeks now, the excess glucose in my liver has long been used up. I guess that explains why I was so sleepy while driving just now.
Anyway, Cartoon ma chatted with me just now & she has intentions to enroll Cartoon in Intermediate after CNY! I look forward to training with her. Eh, but I haven't even decided whether to do Intermediate or not. :P It looks hard & I know for sure it's a lot of effort & hard work. Chris's wife (sorry, I don't know her name) was looking at me in shock when I told her I was contemplating whether to do Intermediate or not. Haha. Probably becoz they haven't train Pug in Intermediate yet bah. Should I?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home