Sunday, November 2

Monday Blues

It's Sunday & I just wonder why the weekends pass so quickly. I guess it's becoz I had to work yesterday & I had to go for D&D in the evening. 1 day gone just like that. I prefer to stay home with a good novel in bed with Ton Ton lazing beside me. Or if I'm feeling active, training with Puggy at the carpark is definitely more enjoyable than being bored to death at the D&D.

We're going off leash very soon & this week's lesson is the transition period from leash to off leash. Puggy still can't stand on command. It's a miracle that he can stand at all. But once he gets into the standing position, he allows people to touch him without sitting down. Of course, if he stands too long, he'll sit again.

Went for class early today as I missed last week's lesson. It involves throwing a bunch of chain tied together at the buttock when the dog refuses to pay attention to you. We didn't manage to do it at all coz Puggy kept turning to look at me every few seconds. This is what Jeff & I call, he did too many bad things & is always suspicious. It sounds better in Chinese. (Huai shi zhuo tai duo)

Chris told me that he has trained a few Pugs & he has never met a Pug who learns as fast & is as attentive as Puggy. Training Puggy has given him a new outlook on Pugs & he may get 1 in the future. I'm sure he's just kidding lah. But Puggy is truly full of surprises. I always thought that Ton Ton will be the 1 to excel in obedience compared to Puggy. Strangely, now that I've attended obedience class, I feel that Ton Ton will be more difficult to train. Once outside, Ton Ton's attention is never on me while Puggy pays close attention to me. No matter what the outcome of the exam, I'm already very happy with the results. I'll try not to get too disappointed if we don't do well. :P

A course mate told me today that I should bring Puggy for obedience trials as he's very attentive to me. I just feel that trials are stressful & I'm a sore loser. If we keep losing, I know I'll get very disappointed. It's better to just avoid all of it. I feel like going for further training. I was chatting with Robert earlier today at the SKC Dog Show & he told me that it's a waste if you train to a higher level without competing. But my reasons still stand. I guess we'll just wait till the very end & see what's the outcome & whether it's recommended for him to carry on training.

I got a few things from the Dog Show just now. A collar at $6 for Wang Wang that I promised to buy from BKK for him. But the quality there isn't up to my liking. Then, got myself a small diary for keeping track of dates & things to do from SPCA at $5. Lastly, got myself a children's book, 4 dog paw magnet & a pack of ASD magnet from ASD for $17. Parking was a whooping $6+ for the 3+ hrs I was there. Remind me never to go again. I'm going to Batam next Sat & it's another expenditure & I'm paying for 2 of us. I'm so so so broke! SOBZ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jo's Friends

Rookie Jo's Reviews
Dare
Enrica
Ivy & Faith
James & Ivy
Jon
Robert
Robert & Enrica

Ton Ton's Friends

Bobby, Belle & Bourbon
Da Tou
Ebi & Emma
Velvet, Cotton & Lauryn
Xiao Bai